Cuba Travel Group offers you captivating tours of the beautiful island of Cuba. Join us on a customized people to people tour and learn about the great cultural and social history of the Cuban people. Samples of our tours are described below.
...experience the project of economic, social and cultural development taking place in Havana´s historic center and its system in harmony with the sectors of the Cuban economy.
4 days, Havana
Cuba: Its economic, social and cultural development
- Transfer for meeting with a specialist of the Office of the Historian including an explanation of the integral rehabilitation project for the area and the singular management model.
- Visit to the scale model of the historic center for orientation and explanation of the areas under restoration.
- Visit to a cigar factory to learn the manufacture of the Cuban cigars.
- Meeting with a Cuban specialist about the Cuba – USA relations and its development.
- Visit to the Rum Museum, a replica of the production process of Cuban rum from a sugar cane by-product.
- Visit to the Hemingway Museum located in Finca Vigía.
- Tropicana cabaret, founded in 1939 and having a big open-air stage surrounded by lush vegetation, a spot where big names of the musical scene have performed in the course of time.
- Visit to the Office of Humanitarian Affairs of the City Historian´s Office, located in the former monastery of our Lady of Bethlehem, with explanation of the emblematic social and intergenerational project with the community with headquarters in this facility.
- Tour through the historic center to present the main health care centers and schools where the specialized care for local people and especially for the main vulnerable groups is concretized.
- Meeting with a specialist about economy or culture depending on the interests of the group.
A look at the cultural policies and the development of the arts in Cuba
- Visit to historical landmarks in Habana Vieja. Cannon blast ceremony in the San Carlos de La Cabaña fortress (18th century).
- Meeting with Cuban specialist for presentation of the urban development of the city.
- Panoramic bus tour through the former Las Murallas neighborhood (includes Cárdenas street) and the modern part of the city to appreciate the emblematic examples of the main architectural styles existing in the city.
- Visit to National Center of Scientific Research, Plant of Biopharmaceuticals.
- Visit to the International School of Cinema in San Antonio de los Baños (EICTV).
- Meeting with young filmmakers.
- Visit to the Dance Museum in Vedado and to the Prodanza Center
Guided visit to the building of Cuban art at the National Museum of Fine Arts.
- Visit to the cultural community project Artecorte, an example of integration of self-employment with the rescue of the barber´s profession, art and history.
- Visit to two cultural community projects: Hammel Alley in Centro Habana and Fuster Project in Jaimanitas.
- Visit to La Casona art gallery, the Center for Development of the Visual Arts and the Wifredo Lam Center.
- Visit to the Manuel Saumel conservatory.
... appreciate the main achievements of the Cuban cultural policies through the development of the different artistic manifestations at present.
7 days, Havana
...appreciate the main achievements of the Cuban cultural policies through the development of the different artistic manifestations at present.
7 days, Havana
Outlook on Cuban architecture
- Meeting with specialist from the Master Plan for the integral rehabilitation of Havana´s historic center.
- Walking tour in the historic center comprising the four main squares where the restoration process and the architectural richness of Old Havana can be appreciated more clearly.
- Panoramic bus tour through different locations on the city, admiring the architectural diversity of Havana.
- Visit Cienfuegos, a Caribbean city whose historic center was declared World Heritage Site in 2005.
- Visit Sancti Spíritus, fourth village founded by the Spaniards in 1514 and emblematic example of colonial architecture inland in the center of the country.
- Visit Trinidad, the third village founded on the island in 1513 and declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1988.
- Transfer by boat to the Taino Village, a replica of an aboriginal settlement on a small island of the Treasury Lake.
- Visit of La Güinera neighborhood and meeting with leaders of the project for the transformation of a slum located on the outskirts of Havana.
- Panoramic tour through Alamar, a dormitory town with typical Soviet architecture.
Cuban's Sexual Diversity
Most notable aspects:
- Exchange with members and the direction of movement “Lesbianas, Gays, Bisexuales y Transgénero” (LGBT) in Santa Clara. Participation in discussion with the National Center for Sex Education (CENESEX, in Spanish)
- National Center for Prevention of STD / HIV / AIDS
- Meeting at the Union of Jurists of Cuba with representation of the LGBT community in Havana.
- Meeting with members of sexual diversity section of the Cuban Multidisciplinary Society for the Study of Sexuality (SOCUMES, in Spanish).
- Historical Center of Old Havana, declared by UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Bar El Madrigal / El Mejunje / Cultural Center Fresa y Chocolate / Café Tavern / Jazz Club La Zorra y el Cuervo
- Library Museum Servando Cabrera / Museum of Decorative Arts.
- Community Project of José Fuster.
7 days, Havana, Santa Clara
Jewish Roots in Cuba
Most notable aspects:
- Meetings with members of Temple Beth Shalom.
- Participation by the Cuban Jewish community in Sabbath services.
- Members of Centro Sefardí (Sephardic Hebrew Center of Cuba)
- Visit to the Jewish cemetery of Havana.
- Visit to studios of local artists and artisans.
- Meeting with students of History at the University of Havana
- Old Havana
- Tobacco Factory
- Museums and Sites
Take me to Cuba!
© Cuba Travel Group LLC, 2016. Photos by Julio Larramendi.